Samsung a lansat astazi in mod oficial tableta Samsung Galaxy Tab si cei de la Engadget au avut ocazia de a se juca putin cu ea dupa cum vedeti in clipul video de deasupra. Tableta ruleaza Android 2.2 Froyo cu TouchWiz UI facut special de Samsung, insa intregul sistem a fost modificat astfel incat sa functioneze pefect pe ecranul de 7 inch al tabletei. Ca si design pe mine nu m-a impresionat, oricum seamana destul de mult cu cel al tabletei iPad, dar de altfel si Android OS seamana cu iOS.
Iata specificatiile hardware ale Samsung Galaxy Tab :
- Android 2.2 running TouchWiz 3.0
- 7-inch TFT LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution (WSVGA)
- Weighs 380 grams
- 1GHz Cortex A8 processor
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage
- microSD expansion for up to 32GB additional storage
- Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera and rear 3 megapixel camera with flash
- 4,000mAh battery
- 3G data / voice (there’s a speakerphone and Bluetooth for phone calls, but no earpiece)
- 5GHz dual-band 802.11n WiFi
- Standard back color is white, carriers might offer different colors
- Full HD video playback
- There’s a 30-pin dock connector on the bottom that allows for HDMI, USB, and docking accessories (a car dock at least is planned)
Samsung Galaxy Tab are un mare plus, anume functia de telefonie care permite apelarea oricui oricand, interactiunea facandu-se prin intermediul speaker-ului montat in tableta fie prin intermediul unei perechi de casti ori a unui hands-free Bluetooth. Tableta va fi disponibila in 2 versiuni: una de 16GB, alta de 32GB insa permite instalarea unui card de memorie de maxim 32GB. Va fi lansata inatai in Europa, probabil Italia, si abia apoi in SUA.
Eu unul nu sunt prea convins de ea si nu vad cum ar putea intrece tableta iPad la vreun capitol, voi ce parere aveti?
Samsung GALAXY Tab Opens a New Chapter in Mobile Industry
A New Smart Media Device, surpasses mobile boundaries, allowing you to enjoy more possibilities on the go
London, UK, September 2, 2010 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in mobile technology, today announced the launch of the Samsung GALAXY Tab (GT-P1000). Powered by the Android Operating System 2.2, the GALAXY Tab is the first of the company’s tablet devices, representing a new category of mobile products for Samsung.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab brings together all of Samsung’s leading innovations to provide users with more capabilities while on the move. Consumers are able to experience PC-like web-browsing and enjoy all forms of multimedia content on the perfectly sized 7-inch display, wherever they go. Moreover, users can continuously communicate via e-mail, voice and video call, SMS/MMS or social network with the optimised user interface.
„Samsung recognises the tremendous growth potential in this newly created market and we believe that the Samsung GALAXY Tab brings a unique and open proposition to market. There is a new and emerging consumer demand that Samsung can satisfy since mobile is in our DNA. This demand continues to grow and develop as users tap its limitless potential,” said Simon Stanford, Head of Mobile, Samsung UK and Ireland. „The Samsung GALAXY Tab has been designed to enable consumers to maximise their online experience wherever that may be. The Samsung GALAXY Tab is pushing the market in new directions and Samsung believes this is only the beginning of its innovations as pioneers in smart media devices.”
A new concept of mobility for media
As a new category of device, the Samsung GALAXY Tab brings a wealth of mobile experiences. Its striking 7-inch TFT-LCD display delivers exciting mobile experience for watching films, viewing pictures, e-reading or sharing documents. In design, its light (380g) build provides perfect portability, with its svelte dimensions making it easy to grip and use. Supporting the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.1, the Samsung GALAXY Tab fully supports swift, seamless viewing of every single page of the web.
The ‘Readers Hub,’ Samsung’s unique e-reading application, provides easy access to a vast digital library – from classical literature to the latest bestsellers and reference materials. At the same time, Samsung unveils ‘Media Hub,’ a gateway to a world of films and videos, and ‘Music Hub,’ an application giving access to a wide range of music tunes.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab has made rich communication truly mobile; it presents a level of converged technology that moves beyond mobile or PC to an entirely new category. Users have new powers to consume, create and communicate from wherever they are.
Powerful, always-on communication
With 3G HSUPA connectivity, 802.11n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth® 3.0, the Samsung GALAXY Tab enhances users’ mobile communication on a whole new level. Video conferencing and push email on the large 7-inch display make communication more smooth and efficient. For voice telephony, the Samsung GALAXY Tab turns out to be a perfect speakerphone on the desk, or a mobile phone on the move via Bluetooth® headset.
Powered by a Cortex A8 1.0GHz application processor, the Samsung GALAXY Tab is designed to deliver high performance whenever and wherever you are. At the same time, HD video content is supported by a wide range of multimedia formats (DivX, XviD, MPEG4, H.263, H.264 and more) which maximises the joy of entertainment.
While a front-facing camera allows for face-to-face video telephony over 3G, a rear-facing camera captures still images and video that you can edit, upload and share, all without any hassle. As online content and creativity explodes, the Samsung GALAXY Tab is the best portable solution for every lifestyle that needs a constant connection.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab will be launched in the UK in the coming months.
Note to Editors:
1) For multimedia content of the Samsung GALAXY Tab, please access the Samsung GALAXY Tab Social Media News Room (www.galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/press)
2) Applications of the Samsung GALAXY Tab
The Samsung GALAXY Tab is packed with services to complement and enhance your life in different ways. Access to Android Marketplace lets users download apps and personalise their device infinitely. In addition, there are pre-loaded applications uniquely designed and optimised for Samsung smart phones and smart media devices.
· Readers Hub – Samsung Readers Hub consolidates e-reading applications such as eBooks, magazines, and newspapers. Users can enjoy ‘reading’ with unified and intuitive user experience, powered by global eReading service leaders, Kobo, PressDisplay and Zinio. More than 2 million books including today’s best sellers, over 2,500 titles of magazines in 20 languages and more than 1,600 newspapers in 47 languages are available at launch and will grow the library gradually.
· Google Mobile Services – Services like Google Maps™ Navigation (Beta) and Google Goggles are available on Google’s Android platform. With useful location-based services like Google Maps, consumers can search in Standard English instead of entering an exact address. A search-by-voice function is just as intuitive, meaning searches can also be completed easily on the go. Google Goggles is a powerful, visual search tool that uses the Samsung GALAXY Tab’s camera to uncover information – an image of a landmark or artwork is automatically used to perform a search, delivering relevant content like a description or history. In addition, with a camera, users can enjoy various augmented reality services which are downloadable in the application market.
· More applications will be available from Samsung Apps.