Apple a lansat in Mac App Store Mac OS X Lion, noul sistem de operare fiind disponibil pentru toti posesorii de Mac-uri. Pretul Mac OS X Lion este de doar 30$ in Mac App Store SUA insa pe glob preturile difera in functie de valuta fiecarei tari. Noul sistem de operare va fi disponibil initial prin Mac App Store, trebuie descarcat folosind un Apple ID iar pachetul de instalare contine nu mai putin de 4 GB deci trebuie sa aveti o conexiune de internet puternica. Incepand cu luna august Mac OS X Lion va putea fi achizitionat din magazinele Apple pe stick-uri USB pentru doar 69$.
Pentru a instala Lion trebuie sa aveti Mac OS X Snow Leopart 10.6.8 instalat deja in Mac-ul vostru. In Romania Mac OS X Lion costa 23.99€ si il puteti achizitiona din link-ul de mai jos. Pentru a rula Mac OS X Lion trebuie sa aveti un Mac ce are minim Intel Core 2 Duo si 2GB of RAM. Daca ati achizitionat un Mac dupa data de 6 iunie puteti beneficia de upgrade gratuit la OS X Lion insa Apple va publica in cateva zile pasii necesari pentru a face upgrade automat.
OS X Lion
Descriere: OS X Lion is the next major release of OS X, the worlds most advanced desktop operating system. It includes over 250 new features that will transform how you interact with your Mac. Tap,swipe, and scroll your way through your apps using fluid Multi-Touch …
• Fluid and realistic animations make gestures feel natural and direct.
• Tap or pinch to zoom in on text and images.
• Swipe left or right to move from one page to another in an app or switch from one full-screen app to another.
• Swipe up to enter Mission Control.
• Pinch to access Launchpad.
• A new full-screen button takes an app window full screen.
• Run multiple full-screen apps at the same time.
• Switch between full-screen apps and your desktop with a gesture.
• Apps stay full screen when you switch to another app.
• OS X Lion includes full-screen Mail, Safari, Preview, iCal, FaceTime, Dashboard, Screen Sharing, and Photo Booth.
• Brings together Exposé, full-screen apps, Dashboard, and desktop spaces.
• Gives you a bird’s-eye view of everything running on your Mac, allowing you to navigate anywhere with a click.
• Exposé view shows all open windows on your desktop grouped by application.
• Create and organize desktop spaces in Mission Control.
• A new home for all the apps on your Mac.
• Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store automatically appear in Launchpad.
• Launchpad automatically adds pages to accommodate all your apps.
• Apps can be organized on multiple pages and grouped in folders.
• The widescreen layout displays the message list and selected email side by side in full-height columns.
• The favorites bar gives you one-click access to your favorite mail folders.
• Search suggestions dynamically present the best matches for your search.
• Search tokens help refine search results based on people, subjects, mailboxes, dates, and attachments.
• Conversations automatically groups related messages, displaying them in chronological order and hiding repetitive quoted text.
Other great Lion features
• Auto Save automatically saves your changes as you go, so you never have to worry about losing your work.
• Versions keeps a history of your document as you work and presents it in a timeline you can browse.
• Resume reopens an app exactly as you left it.
• AirDrop is the simplest way to send files to anyone around you, wirelessly — no setup or special settings required.
• Reading List in Safari lets you easily save web pages to read or browse later.
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply.
Some features require apps developed to work with Lion.
Gestures require a Multi-Touch trackpad or Magic Mouse (some gestures are not available on Magic Mouse).
AirDrop is supported on the following Mac models: MacBook Pro (late 2008 or newer), MacBook Air (late 2010 or newer), MacBook (late 2008 or newer), iMac (early 2009 or newer), Mac mini (mid 2010 or newer), Mac Pro (early 2009 with AirPort Extreme card and mid 2010 or newer).