Intr-o era digitala in care majoritatea dintre noi suntem constant conectati la internet, cei de la ONU au decis ca avem dreptul de a accesa internetul si de a ne exprima liber in cadrul “granitelor sale”. In cadrul unei intruniri ce a avut loc saptamana trecuta cei de la ONU au decis sa transforme in drepturi fundamentale ale omului dreptul la libera exprimare pe internet si dreptul de a avea acces la internet, spunand ca toate guvernele lumii ar trebui sa isi faca o prioritate din facilitatea accesului la internet pentru cetatenii sai.
Taking note of the reports of the Special Rapporteur on the promotion and protection of the right to freedom of opinion and expression, submitted to the Human Rights Council at its seventeenth session, and to the General Assembly at its sixty-sixth session, on freedom of expression on the Internet,
- Affirms that the same rights that people have offline must also be protected online, in particular freedom of expression, which is applicable regardless of frontiers and through any media of one’s choice, in accordance with articles 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights;
- Recognizes the global and open nature of the Internet as a driving force in accelerating progress towards development in its various forms;
- Calls upon all States to promote and facilitate access to the Internet and international cooperation aimed at the development of media and information and communications facilities in all countries;
- Encourages special procedures to take these issues into account within their existing mandates, as applicable;
- Decides to continue its consideration of the promotion, protection and enjoyment of human rights, including the right to freedom of expression, on the Internet and in other technologies, as well as of how the Internet can be an important tool for development and for exercising human rights, in accordance with its programme of work
Hotararea celor de la ONU o puteti accesa in intregime aici. Acestea fiind spuse, era nevoie de o asemenea declaratie, sunt lucruri mai importante in lumea aceasta, sau accesul la internet a devenit acum o necesitate si nu un lux?