OS X Server 3.1 beta build 1354090c a fost lansat in cursul noptii trecute de catre compania Apple la foarte putin timp dupa oferirea iOS 7.1 beta 5 pentru dezvoltatorii de aplicatii. Acest nou build al OS X Server impune instalarea initiala OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 beta inaintea utilizarii sale, el rezolvand destule probleme ale sistemului de administrare a profilelor, dar si a sistemului de administrare a unui server. OS X Server 3.1 este disponibil pentru download prin portalul dedicat dezvoltatorilor Apple.
Apple has released a new beta of OS X Server 3.1 to developers. The update requires OS X 10.9.2 on the target machine and has a build number of 13S4090c. The previous build was released on January 21st.
OS X Server Preview
OS X Server 3.1 Preview (Build 13S4090c) is now available for testing on OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 systems.
Minimum System Requirements
To install OS X Server Preview, you need one of these computers:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
Your Mac needs:
• OS X Mavericks 10.9.2
• At least 2GB of RAM
• At least 10 GB of available disk space (50 GB if you wish to use Caching Server)
Install OS X Server 3.1 Preview 13S4090c on a computer running OS X Mavericks 10.9.2.
This preview supports migrations from OS X Lion Server 10.7.5 and OS X Server 2.2.2 and updating from OS X Server 3.0.2 or later.
Noteworthy Changes and Areas to Test
OS X Server 3.1 Preview 13S4090c is focused on general Server and Profile Manger bug fixes.
When reporting a bug, enter the following command in Terminal, then attach the output to the bug report.
$ sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/ serverloggather
• When using a self-signed certificate, the Invalid Certificate sheet may not appear after saving login credentials using Safari 7.0.2. The workaround is to navigate back, and then forward, in Safari.”
• The “Enable VPP Managed Distribution Service” checkbox gets stuck in a the “Processing VPP information….” state. The workaround is to click the Refresh button in the bottom toolbar to force an update.
• Updating to OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 disables WebDAV for Wiki Server. To restore Wiki share points on WebDAV clients upgrading, run the following command in Terminal: sudo apachectl restart
• In Xcode Server, automated logic tests run in the simulator may fail with an error similar to: “Test target [test name] encountered an error (Test process exited with code -1).
• In Caching Server following a migration OS X Snow Leopard Server to OS X Server 3.1 Preview 13S4090c, the data directory is not created. The workaround is to turn the Caching Server service on.