iOS 10 beta 3 a fost lansat in aceasta seara de catre compania Apple, noua versiune a sistemului de operare venind la aproximativ doua saptamani distanta de cea anterioara, iar desi lista de schimbari nu a fost publicata inca, probabil vorbim despre rezolvari de probleme si imbunatatiri ale performantelor generale.
iOS 10 beta 3 este disponibil in momentul de fata doar pentru dezvoltatorii de aplicatii pentru platforma iOS, astfel ca daca aveti versiunea anterioara instalata, atunci puteti face upgrade-ul prin accesarea Settings > General > Software Update, Configurari > General > Actualizare Software.
Saptamana trecuta v-am spus care sunt noutatile iOS 10 beta 2, ele fiind disponibil in numar foarte mare pentru dezvoltatorii de aplicatii pentru platforma iOS, compania Apple implementand si destul de multe schimbari pentru aceasta versiune a sistemului de operare, asa cum era de asteptat de la un update venit la 3 saptamani distanta de prima versiune beta.
In iOS 10 beta 3 probabil nu vom avea parte de chiar atat de multe noutati, insa este de asteptat ca Apple sa rezolve problemele de functionare raportate de catre utilizatori, sa imbunatateasca performantele generale si sa anunte eventuale functii noi, iar pe masura ce toate vor fi descoperite, va voi anunta.
Ce aduce nou iOS 10 beta 3
- O noua animatie pentru deschiderea Notifications Center.
- Un nou sunet ciudat pentru blocarea ecranului, el fiind acompaniat si de o vibratie.
- Aplicatia Muzica a redenumit sectiunea Muzica descarcata in Descarcari.
- Exista un nou sunet pentru apasarile butoanelor tastaturii.
- O notificare este afisata in LockScreen cu versiunea de iOS pe care ati instalat-o.
- Control Center are noi fonturi care fac textele mult mai usor de citit.
- Siri are o voce imbunatatita.
- Un meniu al aplicatiei Accesibilitate ne permite sa scriem modul corect in care trebuie rostite expresiile.
- Siri are o sectiune speciala in care ne arata aplicatiile care il pot utiliza.
- Functia Rest Finger to Open functioneaza corect si permite deblocarea prin apasarea directa a butonului Home.
- Problema de securitate a iMessage in LockScreen a fost rezolvata.
- Partajarea de aplicatii prin 3D Touch va afisa si numele aplicatiei.
- Extensiile pentru iMessage functioneaza mai bine.
- Un nou indicator de scriere este afisat cand sunt trimise GIF-uri.
UPDATE: tvOS 10 beta 3 a fost deasemenea lansat.
UPDATE 2: watchOS 3 beta 3 este acum disponibil pentru instalare.
UPDATE 3: macOS SIerra beta 3 a fost deasemenea lansat.
Fixed in this Release
While testing an In-App Purchase in the sandbox with hosted content, the password dialog appears
every time the app is brought to the foreground while the download is still in progress.
When adding a new payment card to Apple Pay, an incorrect expiration date or security code (CVV)
entry will terminate the card provisioning process.
Pairing a new Apple Pencil may not work on the Home or Lock screen.
Audio playback may stop if haptic feedback occurs while audio is routed through the internal speaker.
On iPad only, if you’re not logged into iCloud, you may experience hangs creating new documents in
• On some head units, the Now Playing list may show as empty.
• You may encounter difficulty triggering Siri via steering wheel controls.
The input and output data for the CIImageProcessor API is now ordered so that the upper-left-most
pixel is the first byte in the buffer.
On a newly set up device, Exchange accounts set up via setup assistant may not sync until the device is
If you are unable to show or listen to a purchased audiobook in your iBooks library after deleting it from
a custom collection, force quit and relaunch iBooks or sync with iTunes.
iCloud Backup and Restore
iCloud Restore now supports TestFlight beta apps container restores.
Occasionally, the keyboard may not appear in Settings during Two-Factor Authentication.
If “Chinese” is selected in Settings > Calendars > Alternate Calendars, the Chinese lunar calendar will
display on the lock screen in mixed numerals.
• When a third party message bubble is selected with the extension in the foreground,
willSelectMessage:conversation: and didSelectMessage:conversation: are not
• When trying to debug a Messages Extension, wait until the Xcode debug navigator shows
“waiting to attach” before launching your extension.
• Tapping and holding on a sticker does not initiate the Peeling animation.
• When an extension transitions from Expanded Presentation Style to Compact, it might have an
additional offset on the top in the Compact Presentation view.
• #images is shown in Messages for unsupported locales and fails to load.
• Accessibility labels set to third party messages are not spoken when VoiceOver is enabled.
• In some circumstances, Messages extensions download and install but require going into the
Manage tab to enable the extension.
• For devices running in RTL configurations, the photo browser in Messages shows a gray box until
users swipe to the right within the browser.
Apple Music members in China may need to force quit Music to view the app after updating to iOS 10
Adding an attachment, deleting, or moving notes may cause Notes to quit unexpectedly.
• When iPhone is on CS/VoLTE, relay calls answered on alternate devices do not have DL audio and
the call may drop after 30 seconds.
• When dialing the SIM-less emergency number 08, the Phone app UI does not display the calling
screen even when a successful connection is made.
• After resetting device settings using Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings, carrier and
network settings are removed and the device does not display a Carrier bundle version in Settings
> General > About nor connect to LTE networks.
• When ending a 911 call, the UI displays a Call Failed screen.
• After enabling or disabling Call Forwarding or Call Waiting, the UI preference may not retain its
current state after exiting the Settings screen; however, the selected option remains in effect.
• When attempting to hand off a relay call from Apple Watch to iPhone while on the lock screen,
your call may be dropped.
Memories movies viewed with iOS 10 beta 1 may include different photos and videos when viewed
again with iOS 10 beta 2.
After a user logs into their iTunes account, they are no longer able to reset their Advertising Identifier.
• Audio playback may occasionally pause and can be resumed manually in the affected app.
Additionally, navigation in Maps may play back alert tones instead of voice output. Invoking and
dismissing Siri should allow voice output to resume.
• Occasionally, there will be no voice over for a Siri response if Siri Voice is set to Australian English.
• INInteraction objects provided to Intents UI extensions do not have the INIntentResponse
and INIntentHandlingStatus properties populated.
• INPaymentMethod is not valid and will be removed from INRequestPaymentIntent and
• SiriKit app extensions are not asked to handle an intent unless the extension implements the
method for confirming the intent and returns a “Ready” response code.
In iOS 10, the pasteboard can only be accessed from the main thread. This can cause some apps to crash
if they assume they won’t get nil back on pasteboard access outside the main thread.
Notes and Known Issues
Devices may panic when using iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case.
While testing In-App Purchases in the sandbox, the first authentication dialog may appear twice.
Workaround: Fill each of the authentication dialogs.
When setting up an Apple TV using Tap to Setup on an iOS device, you may not be able to proceed
beyond the Network Connected screen.
Workaround: Tap the Menu button to go back, then proceed forward through the setup process again.
In iOS 10 beta 3, the names of the optional AVCapturePhotoCaptureDelegate methods
didFinishProcessingPhoto and didFinishProcessingRawPhoto were changed to
s:bracketSettings:error:, respectively. Code that uses the previous names (such as the WWDC
version of the AVCamManual sample project) will continue to compile, but the older delegate callbacks
will not execute.
• Apple reserves two-letter prefixes for use in framework classes. When naming your own classes,
please use a three-letter prefix. The guidelines can be reviewed here:
Failure to follow these guidelines could result in your app crashing during beta software releases.
• Upon recompiling with iOS 10.0, calling [NSObject valueForKey:] with a nil key throws an
exception. Previously, this led to undefined behavior; now, it causes your app to crash.
• Referencing a system font by name in a call to +[UIFont fontWithName:size:] causes a
crash. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2015/804/
• To improve customer privacy, https:// URLs, NSURLSession, and NSURLConnection no
longer support RC4 cipher suites during the TLS handshake. Affected apps and services should
upgrade web servers to use more modern cipher suites.
• Apps may hang if they change a superview’s geometry in viewWillLayoutSubviews or
• NSURLConnection disallows connections that use TLS protocol versions lower than the protocol
version specified by an ATS policy via the NSExceptionMinimumTLSVersion or
NSThirdPartyExceptionMinimumTLSVersion keys. Affected apps and services should
upgrade web servers to use more modern TLS protocol versions.
• Third party apps may not be able to play back Music if the Music app has been removed.
Workaround: Restore the Music app from the App Store.
Some customers using Bluetooth Low Energy-based hearing aids with an iPhone that is also connected
to an Apple Watch may hear occasional audio dropouts or skips.
• You may experience disconnects while connected to CarPlay.
• Audio apps in CarPlay sometimes display a black screen or error message.
• Siri audio may cut out while reading Messages.
When using apps that require data connections, users of iPad without an active data plan may not see a
modal pop up reminding them to purchase a data plan.
The NSMutableURLRequest class requires that the HTTPBodyStream property be an unopened
stream, and the NSURLConnection and NSURLSession classes now strictly enforce this unopened
stream requirement. Affected apps should ensure that any NSInputStream that is provided has not yet
Long-lived operations return the error, “You don’t have permission to save the file.”
• FaceTime calls between this beta and older iOS and macOS betas is not supported. Please update
your Mac and iPhone to the latest version.
• Upgrading an audio call to a FaceTime video call does not route audio to the built-in speaker;
instead it continues to route to the receiver.
Workaround: When using iOS 10 beta 3, manually end audio calls before starting FaceTime video
Adding WAC HomeKit accessories might fail using the Home app if the network credentials are not first
provided using the Settings > Wi-Fi > Set Up New Device option.
Workaround: If adding such a HomeKit accessory fails, provide the network credentials using Settings >
Wi-Fi > Set Up New Device. After the accessory has joined the network, the accessory can be added
using the Home app.
Libdispatch asserts if there is a hang detected due to a deadlock in dispatch_barrier_sync.
• Scrolling horizontally on the lock screen may be difficult or not work (touch input can be blocked
by lock screen elements such as Music controls and album art).
Workaround: Scroll in an empty region of the lock screen.
• Sliding up on the Continuity icon (bottom left corner) does not work.
Workaround: Slide from outside of the Continuity icon, on the right side.
• When UISearchController and UITableViewController are used in Messages extensions,
their content can be hidden below the top bar.
Workaround: Use insets of around 80px on top and 40px on the bottom.
• In Simulator only, when localizedChangeDescription in the insertMessage:
localizedChangeDescription:completionHandler: method is set to
$localParticipantIdentifier.UUIDString is not replaced with the user’s Messages ID,
and the UUIDString is printed as-is.
• When the Messages app in Simulator is force quit, message history is lost.
• When a UIAlertController object is presented in a Messages extension, it is truncated by the
bottom bar of the extension.
• If a sign-in dialog is displayed while performing an in-app purchase or attempting to buy content
from the store, or the store or the extension will be dismissed.
• Search hints in iOS 10 beta 2 continue to show hints from the iTunes Store, but returned search
results are for the Messages Store.
• When launching an iMessage app extension from iOS Simulator, the app extension may be blank
and stop responding to touch input.
• When using a hardware keyboard, you may be unable to enter text for the poll creation plug-in.
Workaround: Use the on-screen keyboard.
• The local participant UUID is the same for both conversation participants in the Simulator only.
Workaround: Use a device to test UUID comparisons.
• Photo thumbnails in Messages may draw with incorrect zoom, resulting in gray padding
• When reading messages, Siri does not accurately describe new message types or features.
Mobile Device Management
Starting in iOS 10, SCEP payloads no longer default to MD5 if a SCEP server fails to return a CACaps or
does not claim capability for SHA-1, SHA-256, or SHA-512 in CACaps.
If a SCEP server does not respond to GetCACaps, SHA-1 will be assumed and used for the SCEP attempt.
If the SCEP servers respond to GetCACaps, the server needs to note they have SHA-1, SHA-256, or
SHA-512 capability or the SCEP enrollment request is failed due to insufficient capabilities.
See the WWDC 2016 session What’s New in Managing Apple Devices for more information.
Notes about Apple Music in iOS 10 beta 3:
• Recently Played in For You may not refresh instantly.
• Tapping on the name in Now Playing does not yet take you to the album page.
• Music app does not yet remember where you were or what was playing if the app was force quit.
• MPMediaPickerController may not display as expected.
• Deleting Apple Music may prevent certain accessories from playing audiobooks, podcasts, and
more. Download Apple Music from the App Store to restore playback.
• The today widget for music may not show all recently played music.
When connected to a car, certain features may not work as expected:
• The current song may not update while listening to Apple Music radio stations.
• Editing Up Next may unexpectedly disrupt playback.
• While using CarPlay, View All Stations does not yet display all stations.
Notification content extension view controllers are not being released, so extensions may crash during
development when memory limits are reached for extensions.
An NSUserActivity object may not have any userInfo after handoff.
Workaround: Explicitly call becomeCurrent on the activity object.
Some devices may experience performance issues, such as hangs and frame drops.
• Voicemail transcription (beta) is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone SE with Siri
language set to English (United States).
• Call Handoff to iPhone from a secondary device such as Mac or iPad may not work or be
accessible from the App Switcher.
• People syncing is not enabled via iCloud Photo Library in iOS 10.
• Memories, Related, People, and Scene are not supported on 32-bit devices.
• Thumbnails of screenshots taken on 9.7-inch iPad Pro will display with inverted colors.
Screenshots sent to other devices also display thumbnails with inverted colors.
WebGeolocation now requires a secure (HTTPS) website to work on both iOS and macOS to prevent
malicious use of location data.
In Settings > Cellular Data, per-app settings may not persist after enabling/disabling.
• Siri may not provide the desired response when a request requires a removed app.
• When using US English Siri voices, certain numbers are read incorrectly. This occurs when the
number is at the beginning of a phrase, such as Turn-by-Turn Navigation announcing the
destination address. The screen continues to display the number correctly.
• In some cases Siri may fail to make emergency calls when asked.
Workaround: Use the emergency dialer or the Phone app to place emergency calls.
• The identifier property on INIntent may not change between Siri requests.
• needsMoreDetails(for:) resolution result does not currently work.
Swift Playgrounds is a brand new app designed to help people learn to code with Swift 3.
It offers downloadable content, including Learn to Code Part 1—which teaches the fundamentals of
coding in Swift—and additional challenges you can explore. You can also experiment on your own
by creating playgrounds based on the templates, create a blank playground, or
open playgrounds created in Xcode.
Swift Playgrounds is included with iOS 10 beta 3.
Swift Playgrounds beta 3 contains Learn to Code Part 1. Learn to Code Part 2 is coming in later releases.
Fixed in iOS 10 beta 3
• File literals are supported.
• Cellular downloads are supported for Learn to Code and Challenge content.
• Playgrounds that are not stored in iCloud will not be retained when upgrading to the version of
Swift Playgrounds available in the App Store this fall. To keep your playgrounds, either turn on
iCloud, or use the share sheet to AirDrop, Message, or email your playground for backup on
another computer or device before moving to the final release of Swift Playgrounds.
• Swift Playgrounds beta 3 uses Swift 3 (swiftlang-800.0.33.1). Code written using other versions
of Swift may not work in Swift Playgrounds beta.
• Playgrounds created with Swift Playgrounds beta 1 or beta 2 do not execute correctly in Swift
Playgrounds beta 3. Similarly, playgrounds made available for Swift Playgrounds beta 3 do not
execute correctly when run on Swift Playgrounds beta 1 or beta 2.
• Swift Playgrounds on iPad does not keep track of whether you’ve expanded an inline Quick Look
for values in the editor. For example, if you edit a Swift 3 playground that had an expanded Quick
Look, Quick Looks are collapsed when you save.
• AVFoundation is available, but input capture returns nothing.
For example, AVCapturePreviewLayer is always a blank transparent layer.
• GameController framework is available and appears to successfully connect to controllers, but
button handler blocks are never called.
• Prior to iOS 10, it was possible to override [UIStackView initWithArrangedSubviews:],
but this was intended as a convenience initializer and implemented as such. We have now
enforced this in the headers. As a result, Swift clients can no longer override this method, because
Swift initializer rules prevent the override of a convenience initializer.
• In iOS 10, UIKit has updated and unified background management for UINavigationBar,
UITabBar, and UIToolbar. In particular, changes to background properties of these views (such
as background or shadow images, or setting the bar style) may kick off a layout pass for the bar to
resolve the new background appearance.
In particular, this means that attempts to change the background appearance of these bars inside
of -[UIView layoutSubviews], -[UIView updateConstraints], -[UIViewController
willLayoutSubviews], -[UIViewController didLayoutSubviews], –
[UIViewController updateViewConstraints], or any other method that is called in
response to layout may result in a layout loop.
In some cases you can break these layout loops by ensuring that you always use the same object
instance when objects (such as UIImage or UIColor) are required. But in general you should
avoid doing this.
Because all appearance parameters are now resolved at one time, there may be some cases where
your bar’s appearance has changed. In general, best results are obtained by specifying as little as
possible for customizing your bar. For example, if you are specifying a barTintColor value and
specifying an empty UIImage object for the backgroundImage property (as is the case when
you call [UIImage new], for example) then you should get better results by specifying only the
barTintColor. Any changes you make to resolve these issues in iOS 10 should also work
correctly in iOS 9—if this is not the case, please report bugs with a sample project and a
screenshot indicating what the bars should look like.
• In iOS 10, there is a slight UIGestureRecognizer behavior change when removing a currently
recognizing (that is, midflight) gesture recognizer from its UIView. Previously, removing the
gesture recognizer midflight would not explicitly cancel the gesture recognizer, allowing you to
re-add the gesture recognizer back to the same view or to a different view. In iOS 10, calling –
[UIView removeGestureRecognizer:] on the view of a midflight gesture recognizer
explicitly cancels the gesture recognizer. If a user desires to change the view of a midflight gesture
recognizer, you can simply call -[UIView addGestureRecognizer:] on the view you wish to
move the gesture recognizer to.
• Presented view controllers can now affect the status bar appearance even if they were presented
from a view controller that did not affect the status bar (for example, a popover). By default,
custom view controller presentations are assumed to not affect the status bar; use the
modalPresentationCapturesStatusBarAppearance property on UIViewController to
allow a presented view controller to participate in status bar appearance.
• It has always been a requirement that UIViewController subclasses call super’s
implementation of -awakeFromNib from their own overrides. Starting in iOS 10, –
awakeFromNib is correctly annotated with the NS_REQUIRES_SUPER attribute to detect
implementations that fail to obey this requirement. To fix this warning, ensure that all code paths
of your override call [super awakeFromNib].
• When running on iPad, the background color set for a UITableViewCell in a Storyboard is now
• Starting in iOS 10, UITableViewHeaderFooterView supports NSCoding so if a view with this
class is in a XIB, it now decodes correctly. The consequence is that apps may exhibit some extra
content for these views which did not appear before due to the bug that was fixed.
• For very wide table views where cell layout margins have been automatically increased to follow
the readable width, separator insets are now interpreted relative to these left and right margins
instead of from the edges of the table view.
• The coalescing of UITouch delivery has been significantly improved, especially in cases where
users would both touch the screen and use Apple Pencil at the same time on iPad Pro and the
app wasn’t able to process them at the incoming rate. In certain scenarios, events still can come in
at a higher rate than the display refreshes. This is expected, and your app should anticipate this
and handle accordingly.
• In iOS 10, windows that are not full screen do not affect status bar appearance.
• Sending -layoutIfNeeded to a view is not expected to move the view, but in earlier releases, if
the view had translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints == false, and if it was
being positioned by constraints, -layoutIfNeeded would move the view to match the layout
engine before sending layout to the subtree.
These changes correct this behavior, and the receiver’s position and usually its size won’t be
affected by -layoutIfNeeded.
Some existing code may be relying on this incorrect behavior that is now corrected. There is no
behavior change for binaries linked before iOS 10, but when building on iOS 10 you may need to
correct some situations by sending -layoutIfNeeded to a superview of the
translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints == false view that was the previous
receiver, or else positioning and sizing it before (or after, depending on your desired behavior) –
• Third party apps with custom UIView subclasses using Auto Layout that override
layoutSubviews and dirty layout on self before calling super are at risk of triggering a layout
feedback loop when they rebuild on iOS 10. When they are correctly sent subsequent –
layoutSubviews calls they must be sure to stop dirtying layout on self at some point (note that
this call was skipped in release prior to iOS 10).
• Flippable images work by having two images in an asset, each with a different directionality trait.
When you create a derived UIImage object using the -imageWith… methods, it is no longer
associated with the image asset it came from. To create a flippable template image at runtime, use
• The source of the UIContentSizeCategoryDidChangeNotification notification is now
UIScreen.main() instead of UIApplication.shared().
• There are two properties in the UIViewPropertyAnimator class and one method in the
UIViewAnimating protocol that are unavailable in iOS 10 beta 1.
@property(nonatomic, getter=isManualHitTestingEnabled) BOOL
@property(nonatomic, readonly) NSTimeInterval delay;
• When running in the iPad Pro (9.7 inch) Simulator, the trait collection of UIScreen.mainScreen
has a displayGamut of sRGB instead of P3, and image assets with wide-gamut content are
missing. This affects image assets with images in the P3 slot as well as images with just an Any slot
that contains wide-gamut content. These issues do not affect apps running on device.
• 3D Touch haptics do not play unless Keyboard Clicks are turned on in Settings > Sounds.
• A UIPreviewActionItem object created with UIPreviewActionStyleSelected do not
appear with the selected style.
• The didReceiveLocalNotification: and didReceiveRemoteNotification methods are
not called for default action if the app is already running.
• When UITextField.adjustsFontSizeToFitWidth is set to true, UITextField now scales
different fonts inside an attributed string set in attributedText instead of scaling the font and
applying it to the whole string. This means font information is no longer lost when auto-scaling.
• The -[UIImage imageWithHorizontallyFlippedOrientation] method is missing from
the UIImage interface in iOS 10 beta 1.
• Flippable or direction-specific images assigned to a UIButton object’s image do not flip.
Workaround: For images in asset catalogs, set the image asset’s Render As setting to Original
Image. For images created in code, set the image’s renderingMode property
to .AlwaysOriginal before adding it to the UIImageAsset.
• Defaults to NO. Set if you need to manage the hit testing of animating view hierarchies
@property(nonatomic, getter=isManualHitTestingEnabled) BOOL
• The changeCount does not update for pasteboardWithName and
• In iOS 10, when you set the borderStyle property on a UITextField object to .none,
clipsToBounds is also set to false, to accommodate text with extended diacritics such as
Hindi and Arabic.
If you need your text field to clip and use no border style, set clipsToBounds to true after
Setting any of the other border styles does not affect the value of clipsToBounds.
Passes in Wallet may display graphical artifacts.
• The first time you debug a widget (that is, a Today extension) on a device, it does not show as a
Workaround: Debug again for the extension to show up.
• Widgets do not work in the Simulator on subsequent installs.
Workaround: Erase Content & Settings between installs.
• Setting the DYLD_PRINT_STATISTICS environment variable in Xcode does not work for iOS
devices in iOS 10 beta 1.
• On the first launch after a device settings erase, the hardware keyboard appears to be toggled
and the menu state does not appear to be correct.
Workaround: Select and then deselect the hardware keyboard menu.
• If there is a space in the name of the Xcode app or any ancestor folder, the Simulator fails to
launch and asset catalogs fail to compile.
Workaround: Avoid using spaces in Xcode app names. Additionally, Xcode should reside in a path
with no spaces.
• If a StickerSequence is added to a sticker pack and left blank, or if frames of different sizes are
added, the sticker pack app is blank when deployed.
Workaround: Add sticker frames of the same size.
• If a messages extension in Swift is re-deployed, the code changes are not reflected and a debug
session is not established.
Workaround: Delete extensions on the device before each re-deploy.
• Date pickers created in Storyboards may not lay out properly.
• Occasionally, using Command-Shift-HH from the Home screen does not invoke the app switcher.
Workaround: Launch any app before using Command-Shift-HH.