Astazi cei de la Adobe au anuntat lansarea Flash Player 11 si Air 3, 2 programe cu ajutorul carora dezvoltatorii de jocuri si-ar putea porta creatiile pe platforma iOS si Mac OS X fara prea mult efort. Cei de la Adobe iau drept exemplu jocul Machinarium lansat acum cateva saptamani pentru tableta iPad, un joc dezvoltat initial in formatul flash insa portat pentru iOS utilizand programele companiei Adobe. Practic utilizand cele 2 noi solutii software dezvoltatorii vor putea porta jocurile facute pentru alte platforme si pe platformele iOS si Mac OS X pastrand calitatea grafica si experienta de joc.
Flash offers the best way for content owners to deliver their most demanding experiences, including games, premium video and sophisticated data-driven apps, to all of their users, while HTML 5 tools such as Adobe Edge and Dreamweaver are ideal for building interactive Web pages, rich ads, branded microsites and general-purpose mobile applications.
Iata caracteristicile Flash Player 11 si Air 3 :
- Accelerated 2D/3D Graphics: Full hardware-accelerated rendering for 2D and 3D graphics enable 1,000 times faster rendering performance over Flash Player 10 and AIR 2. Developers are able to animate millions of objects with smooth 60 frames per second rendering and deliver console-quality games on Mac OS, Windows and connected televisions. A pre-release brings these same accelerated 2D and 3D capabilities to mobile platforms including Android, Apple iOS and BlackBerry Tablet OS. A production release for mobile platforms is expected in the near future. For examples of 3D games for Flash Player, visitadobe.com/go/gaming.
- AIR Native Extensions: With support for thousands of highly-optimized, open-source libraries, developers are able to tap into unique software and hardware capabilities including access to device data, vibration control, magnetometers, light sensors, dual screens, near field communications (NFC) and more. Native extensions also allow developers to more deeply integrate AIR applications with other business software.
- Captive Runtime: Developers can automatically package AIR 3 with their applications to simplify the installation process on Android, Windows and Mac OS in addition to Apple iOS. Users no longer have to download and update AIR separately on any of these platforms, or BlackBerry Tablet OS, which includes AIR built in. In addition, with the captive runtime option developers can manage version updates to their application independent of general AIR updates by Adobe.
- Content Protection: Premium video content can now be protected using Adobe Flash Access 3 across all supported platforms, including new support for mobile platforms.
- HD Video Quality Across Platforms: Full frame rate HD video can now be displayed within AIR applications on Apple iOS devices using H.264 hardware decoding. Rich applications on televisions are also able to deliver HD video with 7.1 channel surround sound.
- Rental and Subscriptions Support: With support for Adobe Flash Access and Adobe Pass, content publishers can take advantage of rental and subscription options for more flexible business models and offer TV Everywhere content to more than 80 percent of U.S. pay TV subscribers.
- Compatibility: 64-bit support on Linux, Mac OS and Windows ensures a seamless experience with the latest 64-bit browsers.
Abia in luna octombrie vor fi disponibile cele 2 programe si teoretic dupa lansarea lor ar trebui sa vedem tot mai multe jocuri interesante portate pe paltformele celor de la Apple. Practic foarte multe jocuri extrem de populare ar putea fi transformate in aplicatii pentru iOS si Mac OS X si portate iar Machinarium este un bun exemplu al unui joc portat care poate deveni extrem de popular in App Store. Desigur ca procesul de portare a unor asemenea jocuri este lung asa ca efectele lansarii celor 2 programe le vom vedea abia in anul 2012.